Cozy Fleece Shawl with Pockets
This pretty shawl will be like a warm hug as soon as you wrap it around your shoulders. The embroidered pockets are the perfect place to stash a cell phone, tissues or a sweet or two as you sit in your favorite chair to watch that old romance movie or spend some time with a new book.
Classes will be held at Amelia's Fabric and Yarn Shoppe on
Tuesday, November 20 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm or Thursday, November 22 from 5:30 to 8:30.
You must register for the class so call (585-392-1198) today to sign up!
Supplies needed for the class:
• Embroidery machine and unit with cords
• Design loaded in your machine or on a flash (USB) stick
• Printouts of your instructions
• 5 x 7 embroidery hoop
• 2 hoopings of a light or medium tear away stabilizer
• 2 hoopings of a water soluble topping
• Threads for the design
• Bobbin loaded with embroidery weight bobbin thread
• Temporary spray adhesive
• Water erasable fabric marker
• Small ruler
• Two yards of good quality fleece (I used Blizzard fleece from JoAnn’s). This is enough to make three shawls but you need the length to make the shawl long enough to go around your shoulders.
Please cut the fleece into the following pieces before class:
- One piece cut 18” x 72” for the shawl
- Two pieces cut 7” x 8” for the pockets
The designs I used are from one of my favorite websites (can you guess where?), Embroidery Library. But you may choose any design you like that will fit in a 5” x 7” hoop. I have a written “pattern” for you that you will receive at the class for the actual construction of the shawl. You know, I would not leave you out in the cold!
Here is the link for the design I used: Embroidery Library
Hope to see you in class at Amelia's Fabric and Yarn Shoppe for some warm and fuzzy stitching.