After a MUCH needed retreat - I've made some progress on Technicolor Galaxy - not much... but some!
They thought it was hilarious that I brought a printer with me....but lo and behold, several people used it!! I needed to print\cut petals and hexies on water soluble stabilizer. And I also wanted to get out my colored pencils and color my center! I wanted to add hot pink\magenta to the wheel, so I needed to figure out how to work it in there.
I had pulled a LAUNDRY basket of scraps and fat quarters of everything I thought might go into this quilt.
I played with color almost all weekend.
Using a portable design wall (small one) I started throwing colors down. I kept looking at the cover for reference of how I wanted to the colors to blend.
|Color Wheel!!! Weeeee...|
Then I started throwing down fabrics to move out into the quilt. I struggled with this! I couldn't figure out why the colors I kept trying to achieve and color wheels I was googling on my laptop were NOT meshing with what I was visualizing.
After doing this for most of the weekend - there was LOTS of ironing and starching going on too...trust me, I DID make progress....kind of...
THEN I finally figured out what was screwing me up! The cover photo of the quilt was MIRRORED. The colors were going the wrong way around the wheel! Made some adjustments and settled with this rendition.