Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 100 Blocks!

One of the things I really wanted to check off my list this weekend was to get my block entry done for Quiltmaker's 100-Block Contest to try and win a mug!   As I was typing up this post, I surfed on over to Quilt Maker's Blog to do the "Linky Thing" so you could get in on it too.... and I realized that I think I MISSED the submission deadline!  Waaaahhh.    I did win a copy of the Volume 1 Reprint of 100 Blocks so I am VERY excited about that, but I'm pretty sure I missed the chance at a mug.  (sniffle).



BUT - I still enjoyed thumbing through to choose a block to make!   I was on a mission to find a suitable block design that would help me accentuate one of the MANY Calico Prints I have accumulated over the years.   I have SO many of them - but I rarely feel the pull towards projects that take advantage of BIG PRINT Fabrics.  My resolution for 2013 was to "Use my Calico Stash".... and I really wanted to make things with them that really can't be done with any other fabric.  Simply to go along the line of my mindset when I bought it..."Oh...I LOVE this....I have to have some!!"..    Never with a purpose...just for the fabric. (sigh)

So this time - I had to do the opposite.  Choose a pattern that would work with the fabric I wanted to use!  Fun Challenge for myself!

I chose Block #55 from Volume 1 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks.  It's called Wishing Star by Bonnie Mitchell.


I wanted to know a little about Bonnie so I went hunting...  No website or Blog that I can find for her - but I did find a few free patterns she designed for Clothworks if you are interested!

European Taupe IV
Cherie'
Gone Haunting

It's also Design Wall Monday!   Be sure to check out more Design Walls at Patchwork Times

Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook too - we post all KINDS of kewl stuff to surf on there weekly!
Click Here to go to Quilting Revolution on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment