Sunday, January 15, 2017

Splendid Sampler Happenings

I remember hearing something about this "Splendid Sampler" thing somewhere.   And a few of my Besties asking "Are you doing it??"  My besties and I do a lot of projects together.  I opted OUT of this one because I work full time and have machines to finish for customers.  This is a VERY active bunch of ladies!!!   New blocks are released twice a week (Sundays & Thursdays) and are not just shapes thrown together.   There are some VERY cool blocks here!  

So while off in Syracuse this past weekend for the AQS show, I get wind of an event at Calico Gals on Thursday night!  "Meet up in the Middle" -Pat Sloan called it.   "People are bringing their blocks, Pat Sloan will be there, etc and so on".  Lori couldn't make it, so I took her place with Charlotte.   Can I just say....WOW.   What a fun, crazy, awesome group of peeps!!   Here's some pictures from the event!!

<<insert Pics>>

It was nice to see Joan Ford of Hummingbird Highway again.   We had a class with her a few years back and had an absolute blast.   She even blogged about it here.  My Jewel Box Journey is one of her patterns!

Needless to say - upon returning from my trip and having the luxury of an internet connection (which was non-existent at Quilt Camp de la Charlotte... I started sifting through the Spendid Sampler site and downloading my favorites.  I'm not interested in making them all, but as a result of seeing so many design walls...there are a few I DEFINITELY want to make!!!

The first one that caught my eye was "Blossoming" by Jenny Reynolds.
Nature's Walk
Stitch Crazy By Kathy Schmitz




2 comments: