Sweet Dreams Endless Design
You asked, we are doing it! Making an endless design with our regular hoops. One of the easiest ways to learn this is on a pillowcase hem.
Classes will be held at Amelia’s Fabric and Yarn Shop on Tuesday, May 15 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm or Thursday, May 17 from 5:30 to 8:30. Call today to sign up!
Supplies need for the class:
· Embroidery machine and unit with cords
· Design loaded in your machine or on a flash (USB) stick
· 3 or 4 Printouts of your design
· 5 x 7 embroidery hoop
· One full quarter of a yard of fabric or a premade pillowcase
· 3 or 4 hoopings of a medium or heavy weight tear away stabilizer
· Threads for the design
· Bobbin loaded with a bobbin weight thread
· Water or air erase fabric marker
· Ruler – quilting type (6”x24” works best)
· Paper cutting scissors
· Temporary spray adhesive
The designs this month are from one of our favorite sites. We will be repeating the same border design several times across the hem of the pillowcase to give it a continuous feel. Don’t feel you have to chose the same border I did, there are so many to chose from – help yourself to a design you like. Just a word of advice; a design around 2” tall will fill the space in the pillowcase hem nicely.
Here is the link for the design I used: http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/