Christmas is July!
Is it a little early to worry about the Holidays? Never! Preparing beautiful holiday gifts for your home, friends, or family takes time and planning; and now is the time to plan.
The towel toppers I have found for you this month are the most sensible I have ever made. And, guess what? They are made entirely in the hoop! Plus, each towel topper design comes with a matching design for the towel that hangs from topper. Oh, there are so many designs to choose from! We will be making the towel topper in club and reviewing embroidering on toweling.
Club dates at Amelia's Fabric and Yarn Shoppe are Tuesday, July 17 at 1:00pm or Thursday, July 19 at 5:00 pm.
Here is the link to the site for the embroider designs:
BUT WAIT: Cassandra has offered to give you a discount on your design if you take the time to send her an email and tell her you will be joining me in Embroidery Club this month!!!!! Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplies need for the class:
· Embroidery machine and unit with cords
· Design loaded in your machine or on a flash (USB) stick
· Printouts of your design and the printed directions
· 5 x 7 embroidery hoop
· 1 hoopings of medium to heavy weight stabilizer
· Threads for the design
· Small sharp scissors
· Large fabric scissors
· “Blue” tape
· Temporary spray adhesive (if your design contains appliqué)
· 2 pieces of fabric each 7” x 10”
· 2 pieces of felt 5” x 7”
· Appliqué fabrics (if your design contains appliqué)
· 2 pieces of ¾” wide ribbon for hanger about 8” long
· 1 piece of light weight webbing or heavy ribbon at least 8” long
Also needed to complete the project but not needed for class:
o 1 hand towel
o 1 hooping of medium weight cut away stabilizer
o 1 hooping of film topping
o Any additional threads and/or fabrics called for by the design
Call Amelia’s to reserve your space and join us to bring a little “cool” to our summer!