Monday, July 18, 2011

Starting Over...

I can't tell you how much it has been nagging at me lately.  How to explain, what to say, what to share about all that has happened in the last 6 months.  The idea of how to move forward and disconnect disappointment and everything negative from my passion for quilting, embroidery, sharing, teaching....and everything else that goes with it has been a bit overwhelming.   I'm on the road a lot now with my new job and have been listening to podcasts and hunting down the blogs that go with them.  Even though I don't have as much time as I used to for quilting and creativity, it's still a part of me.

   And then finally...I realized.... I don't have to figure out how to fix it!  I don't have to recover from it.  I don't have to talk about it, explain it, re-hash it....  It's like deciding how to tackle all those UFO's or WIP's in the sewing room.   Sometimes ..it's ok..in the words of my dear friend Sandy H from www.QuiltingForTheRestOfUs.com ..... to just LET IT GO.  It's an anvil in my life that I'm ready to just toss away. So I've deleted my blog and started a new one.   I can't tell you how much better I feel already!

2 comments:

  1. Yep--there it is. Just let it go. Eventually you may find you're at a place where talking about it is healing rather than just dragging you back into the same ol dark place--but sometimes it takes time to get to that point. I'm thrilled that you're recapturing your phenomenal energy and creativity--that's an inspiration to me, certainly, that I've missed! But let everything happen on your own time, not on any one else's. Love the new blog! Love the new start it symbolizes! Keep driving that car, metaphorically as well as physically! Peace out...

    ReplyDelete