In case you haven't been following my blog long, I also teach Embroidery Club in Western NY with my Partner-in-crime - Miss Vicki! Here's this months mailer that went out today. Email us at QuiltingRevolution@gmail.com to get on the mailing list if you live in the area!
Ladies! It's that time again! Embroidery Club is upon us! Two classes available. Call Amelia's Fabric & Yarn Shoppe to reserve your spot IMMEDIATELY! 585-392-1192
DAYTIME Tuesday Sept 20th 1-4 (there are only 2 slots left) or EVENING Thursday, Sept 22nd 5:30-8:30 (there are 5 slots left).
The project is "IN THE HOOP POSTCARDS" !!(photos attached) and supplies are listed below.
These are wonderful for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays, Get Well....you name it. You will have time to complete at least one card during class time. Vicki used Christmas postcards from one of our favorite design sites. EMBROIDERY LIBRARY!! http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X6781 But you can choose any In-the-hoop Postcards you would like!
· Emb machine and all accessories (cords, emb unit, hoop, etc.) in good working order
· Design(s) loaded into the machine - NOTE - there might be multiple designs - die lines, applique lines - etc.
· Threads for the design
· One piece of white or muslin measuring 5” x 7”
· One piece of cutaway stabilizer measuring 5” x 7”
· One piece of very stiff interfacing (such as Timtex or Peltex) measuring 5” x 7”
· One piece of printed fabric for background of the card front measuring 5” x 7”
· Batting scraps to pad the appliqués for dimension (optional)
· Fabric scraps for appliqué pieces
· Temporary spray adhesive
· All files printed out (some designs have cutting templates in them)
· SHARP fabric scissors for cutting appliqué pieces
· One hooping of a heavy washaway stabilizer
Seems like a lot on the list but it’s all small stuff, and we don’t sweat the small stuff!!
If you have trouble with ANYTHING - or are unsure please respond with a phone number to reach you and Vicki or I will get back to you immediately!