Ornaments Stitched on Sheer Fabrics
You asked for it and I listened! This month we will be whipping up some sweet ornaments that are embroidered on nylon tulle (like the angel or tree) or sparkle organza (like the snowman).
Class will be held at Amelia's Fabric and Yarn Shoppe on Tuesday, August 20 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. You must register for the class so call (585-392-1198) today to sign up!
Supplies needed for the class:
· Embroidery machine and unit with cords
· Design loaded in your machine or on a flash (USB) stick
· 4x4 embroiders hoop (a 5 x 7 embroidery hoop is OK)
· Water soluble stabilizer – one hooping (heavier is better)
· Threads for the design
· Bobbin loaded with embroidery weight thread – white is OK, colors to match the top for a 2 sided design
· A metalica needle in the machine if using metallic threads in your design
· Small sharp scissors
I will provide the tulle or organza (your choice) for one ornament during class.
The designs I chose for this month come from a familiar vendor and can be downloaded right away. Inspiration Mutz has several suitable packs to choose from. Here are a couple of links.
Hope to see you in class at Amelia's Fabric and Yarn Shoppe for some fun and frolic.
Keep that machine humming,