Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Embroider This!! Part 3 (Seasonal Sampler)

Don't forget to join us on Facebook!!
Click here --->> QUILTING REVOLUTION ON FACEBOOK <<--- Click here

Last Month I started posting a BOM series that I am sharing with my local quilt guild.  If you would like to participate too, take a look at where it started here.   The post for Month 1 is here.

What fun it was to see what other people came up with using MY pattern!   So proud!
My Block
Ann G
Kathy C
Marilee - oops!  I helped her fix it
Pam W

Here's the next installment of my Seasonal Special Block wall Hanging series for Month 2!  If you want the instructions that I made for everyone on piecing them together, just shoot me a message!

2015 Seasonal Special Block Wall Hanging Series



Unit 2 (Make 2) Notice Placement difference!
Finished Block Size is 7” x 10”

“Special Block Size” = 5 ½” x 7” finished


Cutting:
a) Using 1 ½” Strips – cut 8 squares You could also sew two strips together and cut two patch units to save time

b) Cut 2 small rectangles 2” x 1 ½” The center of that row needs to be just a tad bit bigger to fit!

c) If you are doing a “special” block in these squares, they have to be trimmed (allowing for seam allowance) to 6” x 7 ½” to fit here.

d) Cut 2 pieces to 2” x 8.5” (I fussy cut a fun fabric here!)

e) These spots get just a little piece of filler.  Cut 4 pieces at 1” x 2 ½”.

f)  Using whatever method you prefer, make 24 Half-Square Triangles at 1 ½” x 1 ½”.  These finish at 1” when sewn in, and can be hard to get just right because they are so small.   Either make them bigger and trim down, or use 1.0 Finished Thangles like I did!!  Love these things!


I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with next!!!  

1 comment: